Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Table of Contents!!

Today I went to the gym and took SO MANY pictures for my table of contents. I had an idea of what pictures I wanted to take since I first started brainstorming for this magazine, so it was just a matter of capturing my vision. I had to test out different angles and lighting. Lighting was a bit of a problem because not all areas of the gym had high key lighting and I wanted to capture a bright image. The worst thing was trying to capture an image and the shadows of people walking by or working out would cast onto it. Fun fact: I took over 100 pictures just of the mat with gym equipment to get the perfect one! At first, my group and I had one contents page and then we realized that in order for the magazine to flow properly, we would need a double page table of contents. Our layout consists of one main image and then the stories listed with a description and page number. Since we needed to add a second page, we flipped the layout to make it look more dynamic and added a sell line to draw more attention. Here is my draft for my two page table of contents (the pictures aren't final, but they're the ones I like most):

    

No comments:

Post a Comment