Saturday, March 18, 2017

Cover Page

Today I decided to make a cover page layout for my magazine. I'm still deciding on what software to use to create the best magazine possible, therefore I drew out my cover page layout (as seen to the left).
As discussed in a previous post, the masthead is displayed at the top, bold red, and victory comics font. The date line is located right below the title (April issue). I've decided to keep my cover visually appealing with few cover lines (3) to not give it an overwhelming look. The reason I chose 21 days in one of my cover lines is because research shows that 21 is how many days it takes for a habit to form. For example, after exercising abs consistently for 21 days, it becomes a routine. As seen in another cover line, the number 17 means strength, self-discipline, and responsibility. These three factors contribute to what the target audience wants in regard to fitness. My cover story is still pending along with the cover image. Red is the color that will stand out because it's energizing, passionate, powerful, assertive, and motivating. Clean, simple magazine cover pages have the tendency to draw in the consumer more and catch the eye.



Citations:

  • Selk, Jason. "Habit Formation: The 21-Day Myth." Forbes. Forbes Magazine, 16 Apr. 2013. Web. 18 Mar. 2017.
  • Scribes, Joanne Sacred. "NUMBER 17." NUMBER 17. N.p., 01 Jan. 1970. Web. 18 Mar. 2017.\
  • "FITNESS Covers." Pinterest. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Mar. 2017.
  • "Magazine Covers." Pinterest. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Mar. 2017.



No comments:

Post a Comment