Thursday, March 30, 2017

Changes on Changes

Today my group and I decided on some changes as well as new aspects for our magazine!! Yay!! After having group meetings to get feedback from my peers, they suggested that the red masthead with yellow accents in the cover lines, paired with the black and white cover image, gave off a slightly masculine look. I did research to see what colors can portray a more feminine look in order to attract the target audience. Pink! The color pink represents health, beauty, and femininity, which are all factors that contribute to fitness and appeal to women. Yellow and pink are also complimetary colors and give the magazine a vibrant, energetic feel. We also made font changes since I got feedback that our original font also contributed to a more male audience with the use of bulky letters. We decided on the table of contents layout and I finished it (mostly) by adding all my stories with the page numbers, and a short description for each because it's a widely used genre convention for these magazines. I also moved the cover lines around to make it seem more evenly dispersed and have the cover story at the top of the page to draw in more attention to the content. I'm missing my cover image and the table of contents image, which I will be getting soon! All these changes were inspired by research (of course), feedback from my peers, and this issue of Strong Magazine:

Citations: 
  • "Meaning of Colors in Color Psychology." Empowered By Color. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Mar. 2017.
  • "Color Harmonies." Color Harmonies: Complementary, Analogous, Triadic Color Schemes. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment