Sunday, March 12, 2017

Fitness or Fashion??

Welcome to my blog! Embarking on this journey, I was torn between doing a fitness magazine or a fashion magazine. I am deeply passionate about both topics and have ideas constantly popping up in my head, which doesn't make this process any easier. Of course, the first step in making this decision is research, research, and you guessed it, research! Here is the overall information I have compiled in regards to both genres: 

Fitness                                                        vs.                          Fashion 
- Cover image of fitness model                                                  - Cover image of celebrity 
- Use of numbers in cover lines                                                 - Large cover lines 
- Bright colors                                                                          - One color stands out 
- One word masthead                                                               - Large masthead 
- Includes tips and recipes                                                        - Use of numbers in cover lines
- Motivates women                                                                   - Empowers women  


      

















                                 

After doing research for both genres, my group and I decided that a fitness magazine was the way to go!! One of my favorite quotes of all time reads:

"If you're not passionate, then you're wasting your time."

This quote is the foundation of completing an amazing project, since passion is what drives motivation. I couldn't be more excited to be working on a project that truly sparks my interest and makes me motivated to complete the best looking fitness magazine out there!   


No comments:

Post a Comment